XY4 freezing

About a year ago I installed a new motherboard with some kind of
mild Pentium on it. Nothing exotic or even new, but suddenly
XyWrite was crashing all the time even though I had not changed
the software at all.

I finally discovered that the problem arose from settings in the
BIOS. Disabling various kind of external cashing solved my
problem. I don't recall exactly which cashing caused the problem,
but the BIOS setup is another place to look for odd crashes.

Myron