Re: Windoze questions

I, like Myron, am a relatively happy xywin 4.11 user. I use it to
write all of my letters, memos, faxes and short documents, and
what bugs there are are really inconsequential. For longer
articles and manuscripts I continue to use Notabene 4.2 because
of the enormous investment I have in Ibid and Orbis databases.

I too have xywin 4.12 on order and suspect it will eliminate m
ost of the "rough around the edges" and "relatively buggy"
complaints (even though I haven't had any really bad experiences
personally).

I know Jeff Ramsay hasdbeen monitoring the list. Might we have a
statement soon (of course without unkeepable specific dates) of
the development course of xywin? Is orbis development still underway Ibid?
Are further revised versions in development or planned?

Thanks.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947