Re: Win95, Orbis

Dorothy Day:

Can you be more specific about the tagging problem in AskSam, and
which versions have it? I have been using the program for about
seven years, and have never had a corruption problem. I use
tagging only for a single document in each file that summarizes
its form, keywords, etc. You mention field structure, but people
who want a free-form textbase may not want one. I use some
databases with structure and some without. In general, I use AS
for information that I consult onscreen, and PC-FILE for data
that is highly structured and that I will want to print out in
flexibily formatted reports. AS can actually be used for both.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325