Second monitor [was Re: Guest Additions!]

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 2 Aug 2014
17:45:48 -0400

> What, you have only one monitor? Carl, get with the program! You
> absolutely need two; I have 3.

OK, Harry, I broke down and got a second monitor. Impulse purchase
whilst innocently browsing the web. Now that it's here, I wouldn't
say that I "absolutely need" it, but it is a welcome amenity. It's
nice to be able to drag GUI stuff like web pages and movies over to
the wide screen. And -- a very pleasant surprise -- XyWrite looks
great. Full-screen Xy under W2K is crazy wide, but vDosXy maintains
correct proportions both windowed and full-screen. This means that
when I want to focus on writing without two screens glaring at me, I
can choose either monitor and let the other go dark. I must say that
"writer's view" (WV) looks especially good on the wide
screen: an island of text surrounded by a sea of black.

I didn't spend a lot of money, but you're still a devil, Harry.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx