RE: keyboard rate

I encountered such a problem with the KS setting years ago on a 286 PS/2
and was told by Tech Support that some computers' keyboard repeat rates
were not resettable. The solution is to comment out the KS setting
(insert a semicolon at the beginning of the line in the SETTINGS.DFL
file, using EDIT.EXE if necessary) and go with whatever repeat rate the
computer in question is preset for. I never noticed any performance
difference, and the lockup problem is eliminated.

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx