Re: running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

** Reply to message from PollyK3@xxxxxxxx on Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:28:57 EDT

> since I operated on my startup.int yesterday to gain increased cursor size,
> XP has been reporting a "serious error message" (I can give you the names of
> the files implicated if you need them), and when I try to fire up Xy from the
> icon on my desktop, I also end up launching four or five other programs (some
> Windows, some DOS).

> Does this ring any bells?

In other words, there may have been some collateral damage when you performed
your procedure? Operation successful, but patient died?

> Robert, are you feeling any better?

I was mending until I got your message. Now, like Harry, I've lapsed back into
the fog of unknowing. Look, if you're suggesting that there might actually be
some connection between the default IT command, and the total collapse of your
desktop, incredibly farfetched though that seems, the easy way to find out is
to undo whatever it was you did to STARTUP.INT yesterday (pencil a note of the
IT default values you're using, then remove that "default it=..." line from
STARTUP.INT), and see if the bad side-effects disappear. Also, you might send
me your STARTUP.INT (attach it to a private msg), so I can take a look, see if
there's some egregious problem.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx