Re: Grrr [OS2 and XY install]

** Reply to note from Michel Slivitzky
 08/08/95 05:21am -0400

> Have not tried the upgrades install even if one set (v4.015) of diskettes
> sitting in a drawer. Will hate to have the problems reported as I have a
> CD-ROM and all my drives are formatted HPFS - so could not even use the
> "boot from DOS" option.

Gosh you'll have to go the friend's machine, zip and onto a floppy routine.
Now it is one thing to defend not marketing the OS/2 version on "it would be
a financial disaster" basis; what is the TTG defense of the archaic, arcane,
inefficient, diskette wasting, annoying, unfriendly, installation procedure?
Inertia, laziness, dullness. Hello, Kenneth?

David Auerbach                            auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU     Box 8103
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103