Re: XYWRITE digest 2810

William E. Shawcross wrote:
I have Xy4 (original distribution, and Signature as well) but never cared for it -- the WYSIWYG implementation sucks in my humble opion, and I'd rather rely on my memory of fonts for letterwriting, and for longer documents I usually import the text into Ventura Publisher 8. So ... I wish to beg off trying it.

William,
Thanks to Robert and Carl, Xy4 has a tremendous potential (the U2 file). Just visit XyWWWeb and see. I am a Ventura user too. Then I use Ansified XyWrite 4 (the version developed by Robert that writes ANSI files) and in Ventura I keep my texts external. Then I can edit them in XyWrite without conversions at all. But I understand that you can feel more comfortable with your usual practices...
Manuel Castelao