XyWriters: XyWWWeb Needs Your Help! Please read...

Help!

XyWWWeb has built a Google-like Search Engine, called
_XySearch_, for the XyWrite mail lists.

We wish to locate anyone who holds caches of old (especially
really old) Email or BBS messages pertaining to XyWrite.
Our own archives have the following big "holes", which need
filling:

*Missing* Messages:
------------------
XyQuest BBS:
  all messages
Technology Group [TTG] BBS:
  all messages
Word Processing BBS (SysOp: Henry Kisor):
  all messages
xywrite@xxxxxxxx (this mail list):
  August 1995
  September-November 1996
  April-August 1997
  October-December 1997 (very spotty,we'd
   love a clean, complete archive of this
   period)
  Parts of 1998 except December (we could
   use a clean, complete archive of _all_
   of 1998)

We strongly PREFER original, unaltered POP files, with
attachments (if any). But we'd be very grateful for ANY
kind of archive of these early periods: plain text, files
in strange proprietary formats, whatever. You may have old
tapes, diskettes, CD-ROMs, or even hard disks (machines in
your closet) that contain caches of this material. If you
think you can help us, or if you *know anyone* who can help
us, please take a moment to send a private message to me,
*before* sending any files.

Ultimately, all users will be the beneficiaries. The
XySearch engine will be online soon, for free, public
access. Many, many thanks.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx