Re: Xy III+, XyWin, and Win95

Miriam Kleiger wrote:

> The only one of our XyWrite problems that I've seen personally is that
> XyWin cannot display a directory normally in Win95--"dir" on the
> command line just results in a "file not found" message; the "open file"
> dialog box generates lots of "file not found" messages and can display a
> directory structure but cannot open a file.

We know of the problem XyWrite has with calling long filenames and
moving to directories with longnames under Win95. It still uses the Dos
convention for filenames and directories.

We run Xy for Windows and Xy 4 for Dos under Win95. I gather from reading most
of the messages posted that Xy for Windows has a few bugs but will run. You will
have to modify the properties for Xy for Dos and Xy 3+ to insure that they will
run under Win95 (as well as NT Workstation 3.51).