Re: questions on NB

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Joe Solla wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:26:48 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I've downloaded the NB demo [snip]
> >
> >But I haven't had the thing crash yet. Could the people who reported
> >crashes tell us what they were doing when NB crashed? (I'm running Win95
> >on a slow Pentium with 48KB memory).
>
> My experience was very short. Crashed (blue screen and a kernal error)
> twice within 10 minutes. On a Pentium II 450 with 128MB running
> Win98SE. First crash when invoking the prog after initial install.
> Rebooted and got the prog up and running (didn't see a command line) -
> it choked when I hit ctl-F9 while displaying a XY file (expanded
> mode?). It's gone now. Just reporting results.

I can't speculate on why you had the first crash, but note that the
Start Menu for NBWin contains an item for "Recover" which should be run
if NBWin crashes unexpectedly. That unloads a number of DLLs that the
crash prevented from being gracefully and transparently removed by the
program on a normal closing. If you run Recover (or if you've restarted
Windows) before reloading NBWin, you should experience no further
problems. If you try to reload NBWin with the DLLs from an earlier
session still in memory, you'll probably crash again.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."