Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 5:29 PM
Subject: what/where are the Vista basics?
I guess I must enjoy the sound of groaning, or I wouldn't be asking
the following:

I've been running XyWrite IV under Vista for about a year and a half
on what was at the time a powerful Dell 1720 laptop.

Strangely, it has taken all this time for me to notice that if
XyWrite isn't running, my CPU usage is around 20% rather than 80%
when it is running. I guess that's because I use XyWrite all the time.

Obviously, there must be some basic things I have failed to set up
properly. Do we have anything resembling a Vista guide? I've done a
bit of a search through the list archives and via Google, not coming
up with anything.