From: Jay McNally
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Can't move around w/ Microsoft server
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:57:54 -0400

My company recently switched to a new Microsoft server, from a Novell
network.

Ever since I have been unable to move easily from one drive to the next, as
I was able to do in various Novell networks for better than 15 years.

For example, this command does not work. I am using Xy 4 ver. 4.011. (I
think this was/is XyW for windows.)

H:\editor copy filename i:\current\filename.

(Here I am in one drive on the network trying to move a file to another.)

I get an error message "Access Denied"

Below is the response I got to my inquiry from our tech support guy.

Does anyone know what the solution here is?

===
Jay,
I am aware of a problem you've had in copying across drives from XYWrite. Is
this the problem you are speaking about? If so, the problem is that the
version of XYWrite you have was created for a much earlier version of
Windows. It is no longer fully compatible with the version of Windows you
are using now.
I would suggest that one or two of my staff spend some time learning how you
use XYWrite to drive the editorial process. Unless XYWrite has a newer
version out (are they still around?), we should help find either a different
software package, or perhaps a similar way to accomplish your tasks.

====