Re: Xy 3+ and Windoze

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, James D. Besser wrote:

> After reading about all the hardy souls still using XY 3 +, or even
> earlier versions, I
> decided to waste some time reinstalling 3+ and comparing it to 4.017 /
> Dos, which
> I use every day.
>
> Curiously, 4.017, which is obviously a much bigger program, works
> faster and
> more smoothly in Win95. Especially noticable: jerky, slow scrolling
> in 3+, and
> awkward, jumpy pasting from the Windoze clipboard.

Are you running XyIII+ under Windows, or under Dos? I've never seen
jerkiness with XyIII plus DOS 5 -- unless I'm dealing with a file more
than about 100,000 bytes long, in which case the program has to swap
chunks of it in and out of some kind of memory. Hint: it helps to make the
place this is done a RAM rather than a hard drive.

 George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxx