Re: Off topic... but may be of interest.

 Harry:

 You are right, but that does not solve the problem. After updating
 the database, I tried to get a list of all of the files that had been
 modified since yesterday, and guess what: The list contained a number
 of files, and the very great majority of them were from before the
 year 2006. There were some 2008 files there too, but almost none
 since the beginning of May 2008.

 I sware that I'd join Patricia's protest movement, were she to form
 one. Not only is the software getting harder to use, it is much worse
 than in DOS days when it did what you expected it to do. Now, it
 does everything but. I am beginning to lament my old DOS programme
 TODAY. It was an amazing little programme. It caught modifications
 to files whether they been windows files or DOS file, and it also
 identified all new files that appeared on the computer with a simple
 command line like:

 today c:\*.* /t0800   <-- after 8:00 a.m.
 today c:\*.* /b2     <-- since 2 days ago

 plus many more options. What simplicity. And no mistakes. One did
 not get a file from 2006 when one asked for a list of all files ten
 days back in May 2008. And to think that the file is only 18,432
 bytes. This is a little utility that ought to be updated to handle
 the sorts of problems that L. Anderson mentioned in a message yesterday.

 Thanks anyway Harry. I know you were trying to help.

 M.

--------