Re: XyWrite vs NB keyboard files

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 9 Nov 1999 02:24:02 -0500 (EST)

>> This is key 40 in the shift table in NB:
>> 40=FF,&G,Q,2
>> The same key in XyWin is:
>> 40="
>> which is what I want. Can anyone tell me what the NB code means?

Look in the [Startup] stanza of NB.INI, you'll see a bunch of LDPM
commands, including "ldpm &root&nbmain-g.aux,&g=". Sure enough, if
you look in &root, you'll find file NBMAIN-G.AUX, assigned here to func
&G. Open that file up, you'll find some XPL -- follow that to its
logical conclusion: Save/Get 90 reads two characters, Q and 2. Q sends
you to LaBel QUOTE, where a Visual Basic routine keeps track (in S/G
99) of whether you're issuing either an opening or closing quote (this is
the "smart" aspect of the thing), and then issues the appropriate
character. There are some unfamiliar coding conventions here, presumably
invented by NB but maybe by SW; it would sure be nice to have even the
most rudimentary documentation...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx