Poscript Printer Fonts

Hello

I was wondering if there was an article anywhere regarding configuring fonts
for postscript.
We wish to be able to provide our Legal publications to our printer in an
electronic Postscript format. (at the moment the work is supplied in hard
copy that required them to scan it in - very time consuming and expensive)

Currently using a PRN file called GALLEY.PRN which was set up before my
time.
It is based on a laserjet 500 plus and only has soft fonts. (if this means
anything?!?!?!)

Any help much appreciated.

Running on V3.57

Thanks