sa/rtf

At 03:39 PM 7/21/2007, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Don't think you can freeze it, but command default WA=NN,
where NN is the number of seconds you want the error message
to stay visible; command VA/NV WA to see what you've got
right now.

I get 36 seconds. But...
The error message does not appear in the command box (line 2). Instead it appears in what appears to be a DOS-dialog type window within XY's text box, white characters on a black background (I have the XY default set to white on blue), as if it's a DOS error is being reported through. Ran the error a bunch of times and finally was able to piece together the message: "[My current Filename] not recognized as an internal or external command or operable program or batch file."
More testing shows that I was wrong about sub-directories. It's a
file problem, several of MY files. SA/RTF works fine from any
subdirectory, no matter how many levels deep you go...when I create a
new test file to test the routine. But many of my working files,
files that have been modified across many months, fail to convert and
I get the error message above. I open one of the test files and one
of the older files in a plain text editor, thinking (just guessing,
really) that maybe it has something to do with the end-of-file
control characters. But they look the same in the files. Then I
checked the file attributes of the two files; they're the same --
only the archive bit is set in both.
Michael Norman