Re: Stack commands

Reply to note from Steve Webber  Mon, 26
Dec 2005 14:43:55 -0800 (PST)

Steve:

> But now, sad to say, I can no longer remember the "millions" of
> commands that would issue from me at this moment.

No need to; let Stack do the "remembering" for you. Work as you
normally do, but save the Stack to disk before quitting XyWrite, and
reload it when you start up again. Your workhorse commands will be
in that pre-loaded list.

See STACK.DOC for instructions on saving and reloading the Stack.
If you quit XyWrite with FINITO, the Stack is saved for
you. (You must specify a d:\path\filename for Stack data in
XYWWWEB.REG, variable Stored_Stack.) To reload the Stack saved by
FINITO, add the following line to STARTUP.INT, immediately after the
line that calls STACK.INT:

JM 2.RegData/RQ2 BX run Q2 ;*;

Here it is in working code (issue DECODE):

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
{<}SV99,Stored_Stack{>}[JM_]2.RegData/R[Q2_][BX_]run {<}PV99{
{062}}[Q2_];*;[cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

Make sure that this line is located *after* the line that loads your
U2 file.

It's also possible, of course, to push specific commands onto the
Stack at startup, instead of or in addition to the command history
from the previous session. I do this for a few essential, hard-to-
type commands that don't recur often enough to remain in the Stack
from day to day. (As you know, unused commands slip to the bottom
of the Stack, and eventually drop out altogether.) Pre-loading is
handy, but depending on how you work, you may not need it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx