Re: new computer XY-DOS

Sorry Carl, but I have to challenge that claim.  Admittedly, I am probably more rusty at this than most List members, due to my rather limited use of Xy in recent years, but I'm finding limited success with this -- so far.  I've tried to follow the vDosXy instructions as closely as I could, but I'm obviously missing several points.  While I did get as far as getting my custom keyboard to load (*I think* . . .  and this I consider a major accomplishment, in view of the rest), most everything else is a litany of 'File Not Found', 'Path Not Found', 'Invalid Setting' and etc. errors, when I run it.  My guess is that many of these error messages may be emanating from Settings.DFL; I really have not even gotten as far as beginning to mess with Settings.DFL or VClip.  My directory structure remains verbatim what it was from when I ran XY4 under Win versions up through XP.  Clearly, my attempts to adapt the relevant files for this new vDosXy scenario remain less than half-baked.  I'm attaching a Zip file with said files, so hopefully you or someone else can show me where I've gone wrong.

   Jordan

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: new computer XY-DOS

VDosXy does all that and more. No installation, no "tweaking" of
Windows required. Just download the files into a directory, take 5
minutes to configure, and you're in business.

The overriding advantage, of course, is that we can run our favorite
dinosaur DOS programs alongside the latest 64-bit Windows offerings,
without virtualizing an earlier version of Windows solely in order to
accommodate the dinosaurs.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx