Re: Printer Driver

Last night, I sent this message to a list member thinking I
was replying to the list.

Again, thanks to all.

Judith Davidsen

The steps I was trying to remember for choosing a specific
driver turn out to be through the Windows Add Printer
Wizard, which does not solve the problem but may come in
handy in capturing a driver and sending it to a false
network, as a number of respondents have suggested. I still
have to study this idea, along with Daniel Say's fascinating
Google finds and the extra software that has been suggested.

At some point, I am sure I will be back here shamelessly
begging for kindergarten-level help in getting things
running because the Lexmark i3 is such a physically neat
printer. It's a self-contained box about 17 inches square
and 4 inches high--no blank paper waving over the top, no
printed paper shooting out the front--and you can put items
weighing up to 20 lbs. on top of it. It's black and it looks
like a high-end stereo tape deck. It cost $139 list--it's
not on the street yet--and I want to keep it.

So, thanks for all the suggestions and any more to come.

Judith Davidsen