Re: Opening xy4dos files in xy3dos

To cement what others have said: absolutely yes. Have no fear. Switch to
expanded mode and search all your ≪md commands and put them into xy3 form.
You can do this by hand or with a CHange command.

If errors still show when you come out of expanded mode, it could be only a couple of other possibilities. Search for ≪sz and for ≪uf. And maybe ≪ip

Xy should help you out by putting the cursor on the offending code when you go to normal mode from expanded mode.

Mostly Xy4 codes are longer versions of Xy3 codes. E.g., you can have ≪ip5,6,7≫ in Xy4 but only 2 values like ≪ip5,6≫ in Xy3.

I' ve tried to open an xy4 file in xy357, but I get the error messages
Invalid formatting command
Relative values not allowed