Re: Xy4-W2K on VBox: Closing the Loop -header In-Reply-To: -header References: 201410290602.s9T62VBR025870@mail1.aceinnova

Excellent---thanks, Carl. I'm traveling currently and won't be home
till Nov. 16, so no rush. (I'm traveling with a 32-bit laptop, so I
can't test it there.)

Martin

On 31/10/2014 1:02 PM, Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from "Martin J. Osborne" Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:09:26 +0900 Martin,
Are the methods you use specific to W2K and the virtual machine software you are using? At home I use XP mode within 64-bit Windows 7 and would like to replicate my way of operating in 32-bit and older operating systems, in which I go to DOS frequently to run auxiliary programs.
I don't see why my method wouldn't work in XP Mode. There are four basic elements, none of which is specific to VirtualBox: a shared folder accessible to both 64- and 32-bit Windows; a BATch file running continuously, in the background, in 64-bit Windows; AutoHotKey (freeware) installed on the 64-bit side; and Xy4-DOS with U2 running on the 32-bit side. I'm still tinkering with it, but I'll post the files over the weekend so you can give it a try.
-- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne Theoretical Economics, a journal of the Econometric Society http://econtheory.org Follow TE: http://twitter.com/EconTheory PoET http://poet.economics.utoronto.ca