RE: XYDos/NBwin Display

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Yo Intl. wrote:

> >On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:19:25 -0500, Tom Robertson wrote:
> >
> >>Did you try printing with a fixed width font like Courier, and a
> >>printer driver that will run it.
> >>

> >Yes, I did... and I've spent hours trying each of the fonts available
> >in NBwin. It seems that the line drawing characters used in DOS are
> >usurped by win98;
>
> NB uses ANSI, so you need to convert when using DOS characters.

Rene is right. That's what I meant when I suggested forcing it to open
as a NBDos/Xy3 file--it does the ANSI-Ascii conversion for you. I opened
an older Xy .kbd file that included the keyboard template you're
referring to, and when I told NBWin to open the file as a NBDOS file,
the box graphic characters were correctly converted; the only problem
was the font size/tabs/text width adjustments required.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
School of Library & Information Science
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."