Re: vDos-lfn is now officially vDosPlus!

Advantage: not having to worry whether you have to use a full pathname when
you are calling things vDos-related. I've already more than once found the
solution to a problem was to first CD to vDos's directory. You ace
programmers probably always use a fully qualified filespec, if that's the
right term, but we hackers don't like to.

I don't mean to be argumentative, just mentioning another viewpoint.

Regards,
Harry
VDosPlus could be looked on as plug-in or extension to XyWrite. More accurately, it's the reverse, which would argue for putting XyWrite into the vDosPlus directory! Oh the ignominy.
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Tue, 20 Sep 2016
19:28:14 -0400

> Which raises the question of the advantages and disadvantages of
> putting the whole vDosPlus kit and caboodle into Editor's
> directory.
>
> Views?

A resounding nay! I see no advantage whatsoever. vDosPlus is a Windows
program; it belongs in its own directory.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx