Re: An update of the installer (version 5.01)

Jordan,

I am not sure what you mean, but my story with NB3 was something of a
coincidence. Back then in the late 1980s, I read about XyWrite in PC Mag
and decided to have a try. I did not have a fax machine, so I wrote a
letter to ask for the shipping cost. The answer took over a month to
arrive. And while waiting, I thought I won't get an answer and decided
to go for NB3 which was double the (mail-order discount) cost of Xy3+ at
the time, but speedier to order. At first, I was not at all happy with
the product, the menus contained things I had no use for. And I wished I
had ordered Xy3+ instead. Anyway, at some point I decided to reprogram
NB3 to suit my tastes and needs ’ menus and basic functionality. The
Xy3+ modes are better suited for processing text as a text database and
converting to other formats than Xy4 modes which are too complex for
this. A customized NB3 is just a superior product. Porting what I have
now to other versions would be too time-consuming and a futile exercise.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

How did you come to standardize on NB3 ?  Just curious.    Jordan