Re: Strange SA/NV behavior--BK is culprit

Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from Paul Lagasse  Sun, 18 Oct
2009 08:54:50 -0400
So it even works with a Linux file named dir.tx?/dir.tx

That's good to know. Just out of curiosity, does VA$PA return
forward slashes (/) in the path, or are they changed to backslashes
(\)? And are long filenames translated into 8.3 names that XyWrite
can handle? Seems to me the answer to both has to be yes, or Editor
would balk.
I used a Linux path out of habit; the answer to both questions is yes,
but I noticed some time ago that if by mistake I enter a Linux path with
CD, it seems to work as long as the path is a full path from the root
directory, ie CD /XYZ/ZED. (Don't know if that works in Windows-XY too;
haven't been there in a while.)
Though long filenames are translated to 8.3, but I prefer to use 8.3
names for all my Xy4 files and avoid that issue. Dosemu/FreeDos supports
long filenames, BTW; dir /lfn at a dos prompt will display both, and you
can use long names with dos commands.

Paul