Re: helpfile could not be loaded ---> now it is !!

Harry Binswanger wrote:
You don't need the archive bit, just use the /D switch, which copies
only later-dated files.
Yes, IF the files are already on the receiving medium. But if you want
to copy, to a blank medium (or an as yet empty directory on the medium)
only those files that have changed since a previous backup (incremental
or differential backup), then you need the archive bit. In fact, I use
the /D switch, having first written (with a VBScript) the xcopy routine
as a batch file when I did the last backup (so that its date is entered
in the batch file after the /D:). That way I get a complete archive of
all versions of files. (We need that at the paper, where they overwrite
many files each week; e.g., soccer.wpd is the write-up of the school
soccer matches, rewritten each week.)

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx