Re: XyDOS and tildes

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sun, 04 Jun 2000 19:45:21 +0900

> At 06:00 PM 6/2/00 -0500, Dorothy Day wrote:
>> Xy/NB uses the normal tilde you see in so many files created by other
>> programs as the character to represent the discretionary hyphen...
>> You can change this to some other more obscure character...

> Amazing, the things one learns after so many years. This one had been bothering me
> forever, and all the time I thought it was just a XY quirk I had to live with. Thanks!!

You can determine the appearance of _many_ characters:

"Soft" End-of-Line Characters=
Discretionary "Soft" Hyphen=
Decimal Point=
EUropean Punctuation=
Field Separator in data files=
Line End Character=
Page Break Character=
Record Separator in data file=
Window Border Characters=

Want to know the current value of any of the above? Command:
va/nv XX where "XX" is the VAriable mnemonic

Want to change any of the above? Command:
d XX={$tring to represent character}
 or, in SETTINGS.DFL, specify:
df XX={$tring to represent character}

Robert Holmgren