Re: Xy window ID in NT

Are you talking about something other than the obvious? The obvious being:
under properties for the shortcut, make the name whatever you want (I think
you do that under the General tab, but if that doesn't work, try the
Program tab's version of it.) Also change the icon at the Program tab.

In Tame, you get the right icon and the right .pif name.
Is there any way to make the title bar of Xy, running in a window under the NTVDM, display the directory name and "Editor" the way it does under 9x? Or anything distinctive? Because now it just shows the same CMD on the title bar that any other DOS app running in a window does, and if I'm trying to switch between, say, a Xy DVM session and a plain DVM one, I cannot tell which is which when they're minimized on the toolbar. I'm launching from a shortcut on the desktop, which has all the properties set as before, and then, the first time I did it, I right-clicked on the title bar to set the fonts (because fonts in properties appears to have no effect).
By the bye, we're very lucky. I find that dBase 5 for DOS is simply
unusable under W2K: cannot type in places where one needs to, the colors
are all skew-whiff, and the mouse doesn't work at all.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger