Re: XyWrite Development

:  Dumb clipboard operations have no stack;
:  only the latest contents can be pasted,
:  and any subsequent cut or copy will
:  overwrite previous contents. This sounds
:  like exactly what you were looking for.

Hi, Dorothy: I've spent too much frustrating time today trying to
deconstruct xyDos 4 documentation, so I'm not going to look this
up, but: Different stacks seem to be involved. If  is
tied to CP and MV it won't necessarily also serve the rubout
functions that are the only ones that interest me since I choose
not to use MV and CP.

I believe that the now standard , , and
 assignments came via Windows from Mac.

If you've never used WordStar--and I went out of my way not
to--Borland key assignments are incomprehensible. My DOS's text
editor uses them too, and I hate them. When I started learning C
I was able to tolerate the Borland IDE for about 10 minutes
before dumping it in favor of the command line compiler--the
xyWrite command line. With frills unloaded from memory, v3 makes
a *great* programming editor; I shell out routinely to compile with
TCC, even graphics stuff, with xpl macros. Of course,
pretty-printing code is a snap because you can comment /*
attribute changes and formatting deltas. */
   --Annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc