Re: I could hardly fail to disagree with you less

It is interesting that Luddites such as us xywriters would also use the older and better Merriam Webster Second International Dictionary and not the newer but less complete Merriam Webster Third International.  It is noteworthy that Patricia, our grammarian par excellence and Wordsmith sans peer used the older L&S, and not the more recent Oxford Latin Dictionary.

Of course Patricia has broken away from the Peloton while some of us are trying to just hang on and still others like me long ago fell by the roadside.  Of course she has an unfair advantage.  She uses the OED.

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx