Re: NEW SYSOP?

I don't know if she's gone yetbut she said to me on the phone one (damn noise)
one day that she was changing careers--
or at least going back to an earlier one, I think in journalism and I think I
remember that she said up in Maine (maybe it was Vermont). Anyway, she was an
incredibly conscientious, polite, imaginative, and literate sysop. By the way,
have you seen the book xywrite revealed? It isn't bad; the information content
is high the discussion very well infomred, concerning XPL etc. There are a few
mistakes, a few misleading things ana somewhat awkward writing style. I'm
going to see if I can confirm the mistakes and drop him a note. Nonetheless,
we should all appreciate the work that went into XyWrite Revealed and we should
all borrow some of the better ideas. (here's a simple one that I should have
thought of if I hadn't been thinking so hard about XPL--add a bunch of MD,MD
calls to PF and NF in your keyboard file. He also points out that one can
catch and spit out wildcards from the command line--if so I will update my
stacker to take care of that, write better documentation for it (boy, people
have trouble installing it) and point out the tradeoffs (and possible
compromises) of my approach and yours. (that should be tradeoffs between not
of). Tyson also says a silly thing about theory in the intro and that attitude
handi-
caps the clarity of his explanations in the book.