WordPerfect 10

No, Gavin, WP 10 (i.e., Suite 2002) does NOT inlcude filters for XyWrite,
even hidden deep in the installation menus, as 2000 did. A XyWrite file
is ID'd as "unsupported format," though it you force it to read it as
ASCII, it will, and at least get the hyphens right. WordPort--at least
the old DOS version I have, and Leslie, I think it was, said a while ago
that they refused to correct the error even when it was pointed out to
them--makes mice feet of the ANSI characters (insists on "converting" em
dashes to mini-hyphens and getting the open and close quotes all wrong).
I think we're going to have to start insisting that people take files in
PDF or HTML or XML. The standards people are pushing for XML, and as that
is styles-based, it's really a better solution (converting styles has
NEVER worked, from any word processor to any other).
Patricia