Re: Wikipedia entry on XyWrite

--- Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> So even in today's world, Xy remains faster. To be
> fair, however, does
> anyone ever need more speed than what Word has? Are
> we splitting hairs here
> (my program takes a nanosecond but yours takes 4
> nanoseconds)?

It's become less of an issue, as very fast CPUs have
become the norm. You might have to be doing some
heavy multi-tasking to stress something like this.
But, I suspect that -- as a category -- word
processing is much less demanding on the hardware than
a number of other apps one could suggest.

 Jordan