Re: Acronyms

> Date:     Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:29:05 -0700
> From:     L Anderson

> Adriano Ortile wrote:
> >
> > For all nice people who want answer me.
> > I make any effort to understand and improve my English;
>
> Your objectives are admirable but I'm not sure learning Internet
> jargon will help you do that. However, if you insist, you may want
> to check out
>
> http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/index.html

FOLDOC (Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing) is mirrored at

http://www.nightflight.com/foldoc/

As for the acronyms & initialisms, well, I thought pig Latin
fascinating -- for a few days, at age 6.  Long afterward I spent
some years discouraging PhDs from flaunting their own dialects in
print.

OTOH, a lot of meaning is packed into Your Mileage May Vary -- YMMV.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle

Ob-PS: Alas, FOLDOC doesn't know 'XyWrite'. It will.