newcomer, questions

I'm a newcomer to this discussion who's been using xywrite in a fairly
simple fashion since 1985--writing books and news columns for a living.

I use the se command lots and wonder whether there's any way to modify it to
look through subdrctries.

also, has anyone had much experience with Wordport and converting xywrite
files to ms files. the demo version seems to work well, but it's 150 bucks,
and you have to buy separate versions for dos and windows (I use windows 3.1
loaded atop xydos on one older computer, and xywrite loaded from windows 98
on a more up to date machine). appreciate any help