Re: xywrite save on 2 discs ---> now 1 disc and 1 cd

Norman Bauman (??) wrote [I dunno, this thread is turning into a palimpsest]:

> I use 3.55. As I understood it, there was one change in 3.56, and that was
> to remove the auto-expand in response to some company's meritless lawsuit.
> I don't know what the changes were after that, and I didn't know there was
> a 3.57, although if Robert says there was, I'm sure he's right.

Indeed there was a 3.57. 'Twas a minor bug fix over 3.56, which, as has been
suggested, was put out merely to respond to the meritless lawsuit.

> >As for later versions, Xy4 for DOS is much more powerful than Xy3+, but does
> >require some mental, and programming, adjustments.
>
> This means that all my Xy3+ custom programming, which took me hundreds of
> hours when I still had enough enthusiasm to stay up all night, cannot be
> transferred to Xy4, but has to be completely rewritten? That would be a
> challenge.

Not at all!

You can do more in 4 (quelle surprise) but most (and maybe nearly all--depending
on what you've concocted) of the older routines should not be bothersome.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)