Re: Numberlock on?

Robert
This bios numberlock setting is off. Always has been. numlkoff.com has no effect. And when I
start XY4 (or XY3) the numberlock is on; (if I press a keypad number I get a number on the screen).

And yes, I suppose it is benign, but it is also extremely irrittating, to me, I'm afraid. The N
does eventually disappear, but certainly not immediately. And in the meantime if I call up a
directory my blue bar on the selected file flickers like an electric storm. I suppose the point
is, that it is not as it should be and I do not like starting my main piece of software every day
and being reminded of that fact.  Indeed, it is exactly the sort of thing that will send me back
to W98se, with all its faults.

Regarding screen expansion, I do appear to have cracked that one by setting 80x25 layout. My own
font settings then behave themselves and I can get my long screens.

On the subject of XYWin, I've made sure all the files have the archive attribute off, but it has
made no difference. If I click on the icon, the machine chatters for half a second and thats about
it. No XYWin.

Paul Breeze