Re: DOS box creepers and (now AUTOEXEC and CONFIG)

** Reply to message from Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx on Thu, 24 Oct 2002
10:50:49 -0700

Further on the subject of:

> Robert, is there a standard set of parameters to go inside both AUTOEXEC and
> CONFIG that works for Xy (3 & 4?) with all Win OSs?

There won't be any distinction (that I can think of offhand) between Xy3 and
Xy4. Moreover, there is probably a lot of commonality in the CONFIG|AUTOEXEC
specs among the W9X family on the one hand, and the WNT family on the other.
Indeed, they're probably the same -- within one family (I can confirm that the
outtadabox files in NT4, 2K, and XP are virtually identical). But whether
there's a difference between W9X and WNT, I can't recall. Probably different.

AUTOEXEC is not the place to put Environment variables (like PATH specs); you
do that through Control Panel==>System==>Advanced==>Environment.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx