Re: Robert -- Re: OT: End Note ?

Michael Norman wrote:
Corrigenda are welcome, but I think NB's Ibidem began as Citation, which is now a stand-alone bibliography/notes database.
I don't think so. Years ago, when NB first started up, its
founder did a presentation for the Editorial Freelancers Assn.,
on whose Board I then was. He had been a grad student, trying to
do his thesis or dissertation, and frustrated with the computer
tools available. He and some colleagues licensed the Xy engine
from whoever owned it then (cannot recall if this was under
XyQuest or TTG) and set up their own company to develop a
bibliography and citation tool, incorporating the Xy
word-processor. That was the origin of NB, and "Ibid." was the
name they used from the get-go.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx