Re: No more XP lag with Tamedos

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Tue, 28 Dec 2004
00:18:58 -0500

> Sometimes accidentally and sometimes on
> purpose I launch a second iteration of Xy. Couldn't doing that mean the
> second one wipes out the first's still-live .TMP file?! My policy is to
> delete the accumulating .TMP files only in a DOS box when Xy is not
> running. Overcautious?

I don't think it's going to happen (erasure of a live TMPfile). The reason I
make those erasures in DOS, and not in XyWrite, is that DOS is more sensitized
to files that are Open, i.e. in use; and it will simply issue "Access denied",
and move on harmlessly. But I confess, Harry, I don't recall what happened
when I tried it. Why don't you try it... then report. Make sure you've got an
"X" in the first session (load some BIG files), before you open the second.
Then toggle back to the first, and see if you can jump from TOF to EOF in all
windows...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx