Re: possible internet phone charges...

I seem to have developed an "OnLine Buddy" at AOL who claims that this is
"just a nasty rumor."

Judith Davidsen

In a message dated 5/4/99 6:26:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, catlyn@xxxxxxxx
writes:

≪ To you who know much more than I:

 Just received this from a Massachusetts correspondent-friend who wrote:
 -
 "This was passed on to us from a friend of mine, and it seems worth
 looking at. I sent a message to our congressman, but you decide what you
 think...."

 ≫> > ≫ "CNN reported that in the next two weeks, Congress is going to
 ≫> > ≫ vote on allowing telephone companies to charge for Internet
 ≫> > ≫ access. That means, every time we make a long distance e-mail
 ≫> > ≫ we will receive a long distance charge. This will get costly.
 ≫> > ≫ Please visit the following web site AND complain. Complain to
 ≫> > ≫ your Congressman.
 ≫> > ≫
 ≫> > ≫ "Don't allow this to pass. http://www.house.gov/writerep Pass
 ≫> > ≫ this on to your friends. It is urgent! I hope all of you
 ≫> > ≫ will pass this on to all your friends and family. All of us
 ≫> > ≫ have an interest in this one."

 I'm not sure how accurate the above information may be. Would anyone
 care to comment?

 Thank you.

 Catlyn

 ≫