Re: Translating XyWin to Word or WordStar

K-Mac:
>> No, it doesn't, but what was meant, I believe, was that you "save as"
>> Word Windoze 2 from XYwrite and *then* open the file in Word to fix
>> up minor conversion bloopers.

I don't have this "extra space problem". Can you describe more precisely
what it looks like?

>Unfortunately, the "extra space" problem in the Word 2.0 filter goes
>way beyond minor conversion bloopers--it would be a huge time
>investment to remove a couple of dozen of them from each of 680
>pages. I can't ask that of my collaborator or my agent.

If your whole problem is extra spaces (for whatever reason), a simple
ci / // would take care of that, no?

>I've never tried RTF; perhaps I should. (I've been trying to find a
>solution which only requires a single translation, and which allows
>me to turn the files over in an immediately usable form.)

RTF *is* immediately usable. When "Word" sees an RTF file, it opens
it automatically as Word. (It makes the decision for you --- typical
Word philosophy).

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/