Re: XyWrite and OS/2

Carl L. Distefano wrote:

>True enough. But, in addition to absolute numbers, shouldn't you also
>consider which OS user base is more likely to adopt a product like
>XyWrite? Say the installed base for Windows is 30 million. If you
>attract .001 of that base, you've only sold 30,000 copies. Whereas if
>you're able to attract .02 of an OS/2 installed base of 5 million,
>you've sold 100,000 copies -- more if the OS/2 user base is growing, as
>IBM says it is, and the word-of-mouth about Xy is good (which we
>presume it would be).

This raises another question about TTG and their marketing
practices. In addition to never receiving their upgrade fliers
(if there have been any), I can't remember ever seeing an ad for
XyWrite, and I haven't seen a package in the stores since III+.
One way to increase the user base to a profitable level would be
to sell the product!

Richard A. Sherer