Keyboard problems w/spanish 3.54 trying to contac Wally Bass (testing vDOS)

Hi,

My name is Joaquín de Prada and I am a diehard xywriter running v.3.54E which is a spanish-localized version.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, I am not sure I have read all the posts. Alternatively there might be a 64bit fullscreen fix 3.xx that I have missed.

I have highly customized program that I try to run fullscreen.

As of lately I have been testing DOSbox and vDOS as a "solution" for W7/64bit.

DOSbox works sort of, you can print with MB6 (Megabuild 6) that is a special version or fork of the main project. Fullscreen is ok, and some keyboard stuff works, although slowly, but the problem is that it does not "see" files after the drive las been MOUNTed.

Looking for a "better" solution I found http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdos/, which is used quite happily by the http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/vdoswp.html

Having contacted through the http://sourceforge.net/p/vdos/discussion/general/thread/2a6709bc/?limit=25&page=1#4c5d the very friendly Jos Schaars, developer of the software he has sent me a new "beta" version that runs XYWrite.

The main problem is (as always) the way XYWrite handles the keyboard. Looking for a fix I read about the amazing fix by http://www.holmgren.org/xywrite/2008/msg00104.htm

That is why I was hoping to be able to contact Wally and he might be kind enough to let me know about his fix, so we can "patch" the spanish version to do something similar. We are not shy to patch the executable since we have been forced in the past to do it, but if a fellow xywriter has the solution he might kind enough to share it.

If someone else has an idea how to make this work I would also appreciate it.

We also plan to take a look at the open source vDOS software to see if something can be done to make it more XYWrite friendly. We will of course share that.

The good thing about vDOS is it "pseudo-fullscreen" that is very well behaved, and has underline and italics. Also you can choose any TTF font you wish. I find that the built in "CONSOLE" works pretty well.

Thank you all.

P.S. I think I sent it from the wrong email, I am sending again, I hope I don’t double post.