Re: I need a new desktop computer -- Recommendations?

Xeon is for servers, but as such it has very good memory management.
Coupled with server-grade hard disks and a SSD this is really very fast.
These beasts are made mainly for 3-D modeling, but they are great for
virtualization and word processing. All disks can be removed/replaced
without tools. Plenty of expansion potential. The HP-made motherboard is
very compatible.

Thunderbolt refers to brand-new 10 Gbps connections between a PC and
peripherals (displays, disks and so on).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx