Re: codepage translation between VDosPlus and Windows

Dear Wengier, and possibly Carl
I have been able to examine the problem more closely and my main issue now is with copying from Windows into XY4 and what happens during that process.
The way I have XY4 set up with a specially adapted CP 1252 font does
work. Everything I produce in XY4 in French can be read in a Windows
program without translation error. However what I cannot do is copy
something in French from Windows into XY4. During that process the
material is being translated from CP 1252 to CP 850 (or CP437, both
work). That would be sensible for most XY4 users but I cannot get
interoperability. I need the copied text to remain in CP 1252.
Is there a translation taking place during copying? And if so can I
affect it? I am sure I had interoperability when copying previously,
but the last time I used it was probably a couple of years ago and since
then the copy and paste routines have changed markedly.

Paul