RE: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

MS Word, (when last I used it,) had the ability to reset counters.
If anything, it was too easy to do ‘accidently.’

From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx on behalf of flash
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 3:45:25 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

> "The reason we are still using XyWrite is because it is so fast and
> so stable."

When it comes down to it, I have found very few functions in Xy that I
use every time I use Xy and which I have not found in any other
editor, or not to the same degree/usefulness as in Xy (without having
to shallow a lot of other useless functions I _don't_ want or need).

These are:

1. Keyboard customizability.
2. The ability to set and delete counters at any arbitrary point in
the text.

The second one seems absurdly simple, yet I have never seen another
program that doesn't assume that I want to number every damn paragraph
automatically once I set one counter at the first paragraph, and I
_don't_.