Re: VERSION 3.56

The hard-to-learn nonsense is one of the die hard myths. Think about the
epistemologi[Dy of it. How do you find out if something is hard to learn? That
is, how did a few not too bright magazine writers di[Decide it was hard to
learn. Did they do a study? No. They intuited it. How.[D? Did they find it
hard to learn? Well, no, they're EXPERTS. It just seemed as if it would be
hard to learn if you weren't an EXPERT. This was, of course, all nonsense.
I've "taught" XyWrite to various categories of novices, all with no particular
trouble--with reasonably bright people its transparency is helpful. On the
other hand I've tried to troubleshoot WordPerfect problems with wordperfect
users and what a cumbersome mess that is. Never ever believe claims about
hardtolearn. Hard to use, well-
designed, functional, etc. are all within reason. Claims of hard to learn are
much more dubious on evidential grounds.